Friday, July 8, 2011

More motivation coming my way

Since my frustration of exercise and diet was the topic of my last post, Steve made me feel much, much better about all my little set backs I’ve had lately.  Jogging is tough, finding a job is tough, losing weight is tough.  But we get through it.

I’ve still not gotten anything other than rejection letters or silence from the applications I’ve been sending out.  (Heck, a library didn’t even reply to my application to volunteer!) But I’m still sending them to schools and (the very few) libraries I find here and there. 

There are plenty of library jobs listed near London and many of them have IT requirements.  I decided to poke around and find an IT certificate program online to attend maybe.  Since there’s no confirmed work for me I may as well use my time wisely.

I’m also going to look into going back to my Weight Watchers meeting just for the sheer social support of it.  Plus, the evenings I go, I can stop by the pool maybe.  (The little kids are always in that dang thing in the mornings.)  Plus, there’s always that slim chance that someone will say to me, “Oh I know of a place that needs a librarian/English teacher…”

Anyway, it’s been raining off and on but I feel tons better now that I didn’t try to get up insanely early.  I’ll take my daily walk, send out my applications and take a little adventure to find the library up the hill.  I hear they have poetry nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment