Monday, September 5, 2011

The cat sitter cometh

Today will be my first visitor as a fine, English lady.  I will offer her a cup of tea and introduce her to my sweet Jake.  Now whenever we need to go out of town, we’ll have someone to watch the cat, check on the house, give us piece of mind that everything is fine.  (That is unless Jake decides to knock down some more DVDs in the living room, or something.)

I’m busy playing with Zune that Steve put on the computer in lieu of his Windows 7 phone.  Now that I have Smashing Pumpkins, White Stripes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Strokes, Interpol, etc. at my disposal I don’t think a lot will get done writing-wise if I keep this thing playing in the background.  I’ve mentioned before on Twitter that I just can’t work with some kind of flickering, noisy piece of technology going on in the background.  Reading while watching TV?  No.  I even have to read with my iPod going while I’m on the stationary bike at the gym and I realize that I’m just glossing over the words. 

This is why I miss having a car – I miss listening to music when there’s nothing else to do.  Just like I miss going to work so I can wear pretty clothes;  the icing on the cake makes the necessary action much more enjoyable.  But that’s just me.  I always had friends who could listen to music before going to bed.  I like quiet.  I’m starting to listen to audiobooks when I do weights at the gym because, honestly, that’s a menial task that needs something to make it bearable.  In the bath, I started listening to podcasts a la my Stitcher app but I really don’t mind the quiet. 

Incidentally, I do my best thinking when I take a shower or wash the dishes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment