Sunday, October 9, 2011

Saturday visit into town

Granted, yes, this picture is of the countryside park, nearby, but today we did visit the city.  We headed out into the chilly, damp air around 11:15 this morning.  First we walked up the hill, caught the bus, got off at the library, got my photo taken for my provisional driver’s license and headed through the city.

It’s neat to walk around without a big agenda for the day.  We talked about going back to the Laing, or watching Jane Eyre at the Tyneside, but instead we looked around for signs of  Christmas at Fenwick.  Drank coffee at Nero’s on the lower ground floor, bought Skippy peanut butter (an American specialty item here) and investigated all the possible Thanksgiving foods.  After that we strolled around Eldon Square and The Gate, trying to find lunch.  Frankie and Benny’s was packed so we had Chinese buffet lunch at Lau’s 202 (all you can eat for £7.99 before 5PM – pretty sweet.) 

That’s a typical day for us when we wander around town.  I love living so close to the city centre.  I’ve never had so many things to discover in one place like this before.  It’s a new adventure each time we go around there.  I also successfully found the bus stop once again so when I do venture out further than down the street, I can get myself home.  That’s always a reassuring feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment