Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A blog from the couch


I'm trying out my Blogger app on my HTC for the first time. I've put myself on break from the computer tonight. Since I've been working on my project and treating myself with Saints Row 3, my left thumb (my driving thumb) and wrist has started hurting. Plus my eyes were fatiqued over the weekend so I didn't type at all again until Monday.

We're almost all prepped for Thanksgiving on Thursday. We had to get a pastry crust and a sandwich tin (which looks like a regular small, round cake pan) to make the pumpkin pie. I had the pie mix, spice, noodles (still on the look out for anything like Pennsylvania Dutch noodles here) and yams shipped from Florida. We have just a small turkey joint & some ready made mashed potatoes but it should be plenty for just the two of us. We don't have room for a lot of leftovers either and Steve doesn't have the day off so it will be a nice feast for an otherwise normal Thursday.

NaNoWriMo will be over in 8 days so I'll have a nice chunk of work to edit afterwards. It hasn't been horrendous as some people say it is. I enjoyed it for the most part (except for the thumb and eye thing.)

I'm excited because Christmas is coming and I'm finally in a place where it feels like Christmas is approaching. Usually Florida just tells us that it's Christmas and we go back outside in our shorts and get on with it. But here our Continental and Christmas Markets are already underway. That will give me plenty of reasons, along with Thanksgiving, to update my foodie blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment