Sunday, January 29, 2012

Warding off the cold

Our home has turned into our retreat from the cold weather and our recuperation from the pesky cold germs. Gratefully neither of us are as bad off as I was right before Christmas (the walk-in clinic visit and doctor drugs were necessary before Santa arrived.) Still, we're not 100% and we've been in the house for three days.

In that time I've almost finished The Hunger Games (and still not done book reviews for the last two I finished). I also have been trying to figure out how to complete the Simbot BFF challenge in Sims 3 Pets. Apparently after reaching level 10 of Inventing, your Sim will get a call telling them what materials they need to collect to make the Simbot. From what I've read, it can take (Sim) weeks before that call comes. If the game didn't freeze so often (a nice quirk of the Sims that has existed since the original game came out) it would be much easier to let them just live their (Sim) lives until that call came. I’m guessing it’s a bug in the game.

Being sick and stuck in the house made me really apathetic about things. Poor Steve got to see first-hand how bad daytime TV is. Not working for a year now has just made me realise how much I miss being out and about on a regular basis. Yes, being able to have my own time to work on the things I want to work on is great but I'm under no delusions that it will give me a decent yearly salary.

But I'll keep my head up and keep working at home for myself. This recession can't last forever.

Sunday we plan on going out for a little adventure so we don't feel like we've shut ourselves in for the entire weekend. If we see anything cool, I'll make sure to take pictures. It really is a shame that Flickr isn't buzzing more. I love photography.

Technorati Tags: ,,,,

No comments:

Post a Comment