Monday, January 7, 2013

Rainy Monday

rain by lightknight

Heck, every day here is rainy, isn’t it?

I didn’t go out today. Steve woke up with a cough at 5AM; the same thing I have first thing in the morning. That kind of uncontrollable cough that won’t let go for a while. It’s awful. Plus, my ear is still bunged up and since I don’t want to pass any more or get anymore germs (my main concern), I didn’t go to the gym. I started getting sick on Dec 21st. I’m now on Day 17 of “Why won’t this go away?!”

Anyway, now that I have my new Nook, I’ve been downloading books from the Newcastle City Library. I chose the only book on writing that I could find, simply called Novel Writing. It’s an okay book because it goes through steps on how to set up your story ideas, which are always nice even if you don’t like working with formulas. (I generally keep notes and ideas and then jump in with them to stay afloat.) It’s good to read other people’s ideas on the craft, however, I have a really hard time with the amount of typos there are in this ebook version. It’s not a here and there thing, either, it’s on every other page. And it’s obvious errors like faws instead of Jaws, and capital letters used in the middle of sentences. It’s off-putting, especially for a book devoted to writing well.

Tomorrow we’re going to our appointment to apply for my Indefinite Leave to Remain. I have the form filled out in pencil but this afternoon I have to go over it in pen to make sure it’s perfect before I hand it over. I still have to ask what I put for my monthly income since it’s never stable.

Speaking of which, school started again today. Wonder if I’ll be doing any supply teaching again or if I should give up again. Hhmm…

I also did a factory reset of my HTC Sensation so now it can be sent away. It means no more Instagram but, oh well, one less problem for me to deal with.

No comments:

Post a Comment