Sunday, March 3, 2013

March on for better days

Last thing I posted was the abysmal day of teaching at the local college. Things have perked up since then, I’m happy to say, except I have another cold of some sort. I’m coughing non-stop and it’s waking me up at night so a trip to the walk-in clinic will be in store for me tomorrow, I think.

But aside from the Germs Of England that love to wreak havoc on my immune system, things have gone back to normal. I am able to be home again to work on my project. I’m trying to learn to take things slower instead of wanting to get them out of the way as soon as possible so I can get on to the next project. (I think it’s an American thing, “I want what I want and I want it now.”)

This goes with my driving too. I started with a new instructor last week. She’s been to American several times so she actually understands how different the road system is there. This is something my former instructor could just never accept as a reason for having such a hard time here. But, whatever, on to a new chapter of driving expertise.

Also, I was told on Friday that I may get a position as part teaching assistant, part teacher job at a little school. This would be a good job for me since I don’t have a load of experience in the UK schools and would need to learn the curriculum. It will also take the pressure off if I’m helping another teacher out and not just being thrown in by myself.

We’ll see though. Jobs through the agency are potential but they have plenty of other potential applicants to take care of so if I don’t get it I will neither be surprised or disappointed. Of course having the money is always nice but if I it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen.

Anyway, after I get this annoying cough taken care of I should be good as gold. I’m so glad it’s March and the weather is starting to perk up. I really can’t stand not seeing the sun. I’ve already felt more motivated just by seeing blue sky and sunshine coming through the windows in the afternoon. It’s such a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment