Sunday, August 11, 2013

#AugustBreak2013 Day 11

Today we went for Afternoon Tea aboard an old train at Tanfield Railway. We now can take adventures with the car and discover all the little gems that we have locally. Today was Teddy Bear Picnic Day, and we not only had our tea, but saw a quarry, and visited the old train yard. Pretty neat for photographs which I put in a set HERE.

“With an unparalleled history dating back to 1725, spectacular scenery and a truly unique atmosphere, it is no wonder that the Tanfield Railway is the North East's biggest and most popular steam railway.

An ideal day out for families and history fans alike, Europe's oldest working engine shed and the world's oldest railway bridge as well as riding on the world's oldest railway make a visit a must for anyone with an interest in our proud railway heritage.” – from Tanfield website

I’ve still been thinking about that Lauren Oliver article and how it’s absolutely necessary to just sit and get to work. Of course this week there are things I could and should be doing outside of the house. I know most people would say, “But surely you can get back to work after going out for a little bit.” I would think I could do that, but I need to get into this little groove where I’m not distracted. Ridiculously mental, I’m sure, but necessary.

And now, in the last 6 minutes I have of Day 11, I’ll post my update. Have a great week!

The August Break 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment